The live apéro season is back on track! This time we wanted to create a thematic event and unite Parisian book-lovers. The venue of choice: Librairie du Globe*, a bookstore specialised in Russian literature, which opened its doors to the public in 1952.
* The Librairie sells books written in Russian, but also has a very wide range of French books.
The night’s program looked like this:
- Presentation of the Apéro Book Club (more information here).
- An overview of the Librairie’s latest arrivals featuring works such as The Old Russian Home (Litvina), The Women of Lazarus (Stepnova), The Death of Stalin (Robin), the classics by Nabokov and Akhmatova, and many others.
- An apéro inside the store (to get the conversations going).
- An apéro by the Seine (to finish the conversations under the stars).
A big thank you from our team to all, who have joined us! We are already making plans for a new event coming up very soon. Stay tuned via our social media accounts!
Lots of love, your Apéro team
Photos + video: Alena